Sunday, November 4, 2007

Baked Chicken in Butter & Cream Sauce

Baked Chicken in Butter & Cream Sauce

1/2 c flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp pepper
1 frying chicken (I use chicken thighs)
1/4 c butter
1 1/2 c hot water
1/2 c nonfat dry milk powder

Dip chicken into water, then coat chicken with mixture of flour and seasonings. Recipe suggest putting the skin side down in the pan (I cook skin side up, it gets crunchy). Dot chicken with butter, and then bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Mix water & milk powder and pour around chicken. Bake 1 1/4 hours more or until chicken is tender.

I always add another dab of butter ontop of the chicken when I pour the milk in..it gets super crunchy then!

Enjoy!

Tina

2 comments:

Laura Semmens said...

Hi- New here but love the blog. Do you think you could just use straight milk instead of water/milk powder?

mistihollrah said...

I use real milk instead of the powdered milk.

Misti