RecipeZaar Recipe #50794
SERVES 4 -6
1 1/2 lbs shrimp, cooked and peeled
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more if you want spicy)
8 green onions, chopped
3 tablespoons butter
4 tablespoons flour
3 cups milk
1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, grated
salt and pepper
1. Melt the butter in a large non-stick pan over medium heat.
2. Add the crushed red pepper and garlic and cook for 1 minute.
3. Remove from heat and add the flour.
4. Stir until well blended.
5. Add the milk a bit at a time and stir until smooth before adding more.
6. Return mixture to heat.
7. Add the shrimp, green onion and cheese and cook until the sauce has thickened and the shrimp is hot.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
9. Serve over cooked rice, noodles or toast.