From "Fix, Freeze, Feast" by Kati Neville and Lindsay Tkacsik
Makes 3 entrees, 12 fingers each
1 tray (about 6 pounds) boneless, skinless chicken half-breasts
4 eggs, lihtly beaten
6 cups plain dry bread crumbs
3 tablespoons ground cumin
3 tablespoons granulated garlic
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon salt
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
3 (1-gallon) freezer bags, labeled
1. Rinse and trim chicken and cut each half-breast lengthwise into three strips. Set aside.
2. Place eggs in a shallow dish.
3. Combine breadcrumbs, cumin, garlic, chili powder, salt, and cayenne in a large bowl.
4. Dip each piece of chicken first into the egg and then into the breadcrumb mixture. Place breaded chicken pieces onto one or more baking sheets. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze until solid.
5. Once the chicken fingers are frozen, remove from baking sheets and divide evenly among the 1-gallon freezer bags. Seal and return to the freezer.
TO COOK ONE ENTREE
1. Completely thaw one entree in the refrigerator.
2. Preheat the oven to 350.
3. Bake chicken fingers on a greased baking sheet for 30 minutes, or until chicken pulls apart easily and is no longer pink in the center of the thickest portion.