Saturday, January 5, 2008

Night at the Improv...

It looks like you have a lot of great recipe posts to read today. Apparently, all the freezerchicks have time to blog! My post includes a recipe, but you really might not want to try it.

Do you ever just improvise and the disaster becomes notorious? Well, I seem to have a streak of these lately. But last night was the ultimate disaster!

My kids love my homemade mac-n-cheese. We are snobby stove top only mac-n-cheese eaters here, so the request comes quite often. I thought I had enough american cheese to pull it off and checked my supply, there wasn't enough. I had already started the elbow mac, so I became desperate, at this point I was craving the mac-n-cheese and like a good addict will tell you - I was going to do anything to get that cheesy fix.

NACHO CHEESE SAUCE

Yup that's right, I had a can of that fancy pants nacho cheese sauce left over from New Years that I thought would work to get that creamy sensation!!! So I added the cheese (is it really cheese?) and some milk to make it creamier. VOILA!

It was horrible. That jalepeno after burn taste just ruined the perfect creamy sensation. My daughter and I thought maybe we could add some SLAP YA MOMMA spice to it (yes that's the name, it came from a friend in Louisiana my daughter loves it on her mac sometimes). It killed the taste for the most part, but the whole dish was just wrong. I may be taken off mac-n-cheese duty for a while.

No comments: